The module will enable students to:
- Develop an in depth and critical understanding of the potential for taking a learning technologies approach in a unit of teaching.
- Develop broad conceptual and experiential understanding of the application of learning technologies in teaching, learning and assessment with specific reference to healthcare.
- Demonstrate a capability to develop and evaluate learning & teaching that involves learning technologies.
- Conduct a review of the use of learning technologies, showing an awareness of current debates and issues surrounding the use of learning technologies in healthcare education.
- Critically analyse opportunities and constraints when using learning technologies, showing understanding of the educational theory and evidence when selecting approaches.
- Plan and develop a learning technology resource and/or activity to support a clearly defined healthcare learning need.
- Critically review the appropriate use of social networking and online collaborative activities in the healthcare education domain.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding of patient consent and IPR issues when using and sharing learning resources and activities.
- Demonstrate appropriate evaluation skills to assess the effectiveness of a learning technologies approach.
- Show clear and effective communication skills in written and online media.